Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pizza Muffins

I LOVE pizza rolls, when I was pregnant I thought they were the best lunch/snack ever! I was so wrong, they are full of transfat, GROSS.  I tried these a couple weeks ago, and they were super yummy, Cameron loved them cause he got to dip them in pizza sauce. They are super low carb (net 1 carb) compared to Totino Pizza Rolls (37 net carbs) Enjoy!

Pizza Muffins

1/3 Cup Ground Flaxseed
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbps Italian Seasoning
pinch of salt
4 eggs, beaten
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup cut up Turkey Pepperoni
No Sugar Added Pizza Sauce for dipping

Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a muffin tin (a mini-muffin tin would work great, I didn't have one and a regular worked just fine) In a large bowl, whisk together the flaxseed, baking powder, Italian season, and salt.  Whisk in the egg.  Stir in mozzarella, parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 5 minutes.

Stire the batter and drop into the muffin tins, about 2/3 full.  Bake until puffed up and golden brown, about 20 minutes.  Heat pizza sauce, if desired, and served on the side for dipping. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I had never heard of pizza muffins before this post. What a fun idea, and easy recipe as well. Thank you for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete