Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cheesy Garlic Mashed "Potatoes" aka Cauliflower

I am so excited for this dish! One thing I have been craving lately has been Mashed Potatoes.  One large potato has approximately 55 grams of carbs, so I wanted to come up something that was better choice for my family.  Looking on website, blogs, etc I found Fauxpotatoes, or Cauliflower potatoes!!! So here is my verison of this dish!!

Cheesy Garlic Mashed "Potatoes"

1 large head of cauliflower
1/4 cup milk
2-3 wedges Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
1/4 cup cheddar Cheese
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parsley

1) Steam Cauliflower in Steamer until tender
2) In food processor puree Cauliflower until a smooth consistency
3) Add in Milk, Cheeses, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper and puree until blended.
4) Put in a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parsley

Enjoy!!!



Makes 5 servings
Per Serving:
Calories 60.5, Fat 2.4g, Carbs 5.5g, Fiber 2g, Sugar 3g, and Protein 3.6g

No comments:

Post a Comment